Due to my cell group's Xmas party which all of us are to do pot bless, I decided to do one fuss free and easy recipe which is called Lumpia Shanghai.
Lumpia Shanghai is a Filipino dish which is equivalent to the Chinese dish, Ngoh Hiang. Ngoh Hiang is deep fried beancurd skin roll with meat whereas Lumpia Shanghai is deep fried spring roll with meat inside.
I first tried this dish about eight years back when a friend introduced it to me. The crunchy bite of the Lumpia Shanghai which I thought might appeal to kids.
Recipe of Lumpia Shanghai
· 1 packet of spring roll skin under this brand tee yih jia
· 900g of chicken thigh meat
· half a dessert spoon of garlic powder
· half a teaspoon of salt
· 2 dessert spoons of light soya sauce
· 1 egg
· a dash of pepper
· 1 dessert spoon of finely chopped yellow onion
· 1 small carrot which is grated
· 2 and a half teaspoons of corn flour
1. Clean up the chicken meat if there is any trace of blood.
2.Mince the chicken meat using chopper, else the crunchy bite won't be there
3. Crack the egg and take a bit of egg white out so as to seal off the spring roll
4. Mix salt, carrot, onion, garlic powder, light, corn flour, pepper and egg together with the the minced chicken meat
5. Leave it inside the fridge overnight
6. Wrap the marinate in the spring roll skin
7. Deep fry it till golden brown .
8. Serve it with thai sweet chilli sauce